Why Join CHHNA?
The “old saw” that there is strength in numbers is especially true when there are needs or concerns about your neighborhood. The purpose of the association is, as our motto says: “To unify, beautify and protect the neighborhood.” In order to do that, we need everyone to become a member of the association.
Here are some benefits of membership:
- Protection – The board maintains special contacts to keep our neighborhood safe by working with the Dallas and University Park police departments.. Special security programs for members only have been developed. The No Solicitors door/window stickers, 3+2 Lookout Program, email eLerts and other programs work to keep us safe.
- Beautification – One way to create and maintain the integrity of the neighborhood is to have entryways. The board continues to work on the potential for formal, aesthetic entryways from North Central at Lovers and Southwestern, and Northwest Highway at Airline, Durham and Boedeker.
- Preserving neighborhood integrity and property values – The board has specifically assigned a director to oversee land use in the neighborhood. The board has a database of deed restrictions developed by a board member that can help you make sure builders maintain set backs dictated by deed restrictions and city codes. (See Caruth Hills Deeds page.)
- Communication – Newsletters, this web site and member emails provide members with helpful information, notices and alerts about matters of concern to the neighborhood. Please note: Emails (eLerts, we call them) are limited to members only. So, there really are privileges to membership.
- Resolve City Services Needs – Traffic and pedestrian safety, water, sewer and sanitation needs and problems, including code enforcement and clean up of problem areas are a few of the needs the association addresses.
- Liaison – CHHNA gives its members a voice with both Dallas and University Park city councils, boards, commissions and administrators on issues of interest to our neighborhood.
- Community – Whether it is a street party, a July 4th float or National Night Out parties, or our soon-to-become-legendary CHHNA Holiday Reception, the Association will be the focal point for the neighborhood to help build civic spirit and neighborliness.